Dinner is served at 5:00 p.m. 7 days a week for anyone who is hungry. Breakfast
is supplied for overnight emergency shelter guests, and lunch for those who are a
part of our residential recovery program, including a bag lunch for those who are
working off-site. Also, every night after chapel service, ice cream is served for
our overnight guests and residents.
(Take a minute to watch the video
above/right to hear more about meals provided to those who are hungry)
The total number of meals served in 2013 was 358,207 and is continuing to
increase year over year. We are currently serving an average of
1000 meals every day to the hungry, residents in our program, and emergency
In addition to the daily meals served, the Las Vegas Rescue Mission provides the
following services to the community:
- Our Food Pantry program assists needy families in our community with emergency food.
Hundreds of families are helped each year.
- Holiday Food Baskets with turkeys are distributed to approximately 2,000 households
each year during the months of November and December.
- Mothers with babies are given special attention, they are provided not only with formula
and baby food, but also with diapers and other necessities.
- Selected Service Agencies such as daycare centers, senior homes, and more are provided
with bread, dairy, pastry and dry goods on a daily basis.
- Through an arrangement with the State of Nevada, the Mission distributes USDA Surplus
Food to approximately 15,000 persons every other month.
Thanks to the many friends of the Las Vegas Rescue Mission who donate their hard-earned
money, and to businesses in the community who donate food on a regular basis, we are able
to provide these services at absolutely no cost to the recipient.