Thrift Store Associate (PT)
The Las Vegas Rescue Mission (LVRM) is looking for a Thrift Store Associate to join our Thrift Store team.
LVRM is a private, faith-based organization that serves our community by offering a safe place for men and women to break the cycle of homelessness and addiction. Our Thrift Store and warehouse are open 5-6 days a week. The Thrift Store carries a wide variety of items from furniture to clothing all of which are donated to the Mission. The Thrift Store also operates a clothing giveaway building on the campus for the homeless in our community as well as clients in the Recovery Program.
The Thrift Store Associate is responsible for assisting in all areas of the Thrift Store, furniture warehouse, sorting warehouse, and the clothing giveaway building ensuring a smooth, friendly and professional experience for the customer. This position reports directly to the Thrift Store Supervisor.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Assist with daily operations of Thrift Store and Furniture warehouse, providing a warm welcome, professional, helpful, and courteous service to shoppers at all times.
- Assist as needed or assigned in the Sorting warehouse.
- Assist with placement of new stock as it arrives from the sorting warehouse.
- Assist with displays and organizing store to keep it clean, neat and appealing to shoppers.
- Previous work in the area of retail is an asset especially Thrift Stores.
- Previous experience working with a vulnerable population an asset.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Reliable, consistent and self-regulating.
This is a part-time position, maximum 28 hours per week. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
Please send resume to Val Becenti via email at firstname.lastname@example.org