The Las Vegas Rescue Mission is looking for a Medication Technician to join our team. We are a private, faith-based organization that serves our community by offering a safe place for men and women to break the cycle of homelessness and/or addiction.
The Medication Technician is directly responsible for the day to day management of the men’s and women’s medications and medical needs in Las Vegas Rescue Mission’s Recovery program. This position may also assist the Shelter Program with medication needs if time permits. This may include but is not limited to: connecting clients to primary care, coordinating with contracted pharmacy’s, transport to appointments as needed, and facilitating medication education groups. This position reports directly to the Recovery Program Supervisor.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Facilitate groups focused on medication management, addiction pharmacotherapy, or psychoeducation withdrawals and medications.
- Responsible for the storage, distribution, and discontinuation of residents’ medications, including keeping proper care records and reporting any changes in residents’ health conditions.
- Work closely with the Recovery Program Supervisor and Clinical Director to identify client’s needs.
- Pass medications as prescribed by the resident’s physician.
- Ensure medication compliance and report non-compliance.
- Receive any medications from the pharmacy, follow up on physician communications that have not had a response, audit MAR for transcription discrepancies and ensure that all medication directions are exactly as indicated on the label and MAR.
- Must have current First Aid and/or CPR Training or be able to obtain within thirty (30) days of employment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Understands person centered practices.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook, MS Publisher, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Must possess valid Medication Technician certification, or have the ability to obtain certification within 90 days of employment.
- Medication Technician Requirements:
- Must possess a current Medication Certification.
- Medication Technician must complete designated training program as prescribed by the State of Nevada (NRS449.017).
- Previous experience working in or education of addiction treatments are an asset.
- Previous history facilitating group sessions are an asset.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, offering a competitive benefit package and paid vacation. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
Please email resume to Alyson Martinez at email@example.com